Saturday, April 26, 2008

New Solar Cellphone And iPod Charger From Solar Style

solar.JPG

New solar powered cellphone and iPod charger and I forgot to mention it here. Although it normally resides in our emergency “bug out bag” for earthquakes and the like, I take it out at least once a week to charge up my Treo without having to pay the electric company anything. It works beautifully and always fully charges my phone to full capacity within a few hours of sitting on the windowsill.

I am thinking of ordering another one that I can leave in the window 24/7 so I never have to plug my phone into an outlet and can always charge it for free. Having one in the emergency kit makes me feel good because in case I need to leave my house and cannot find anywhere to stay, at least I will always have my phone charged up and ready for use, so I don’t want to keep it out of the bag all the time.

The charger came with a whole bunch of adapters, so my Treo, my wife’s little cheapy phone and my iPod can all be hooked up to it, and it also came with a plug to plug it into a regular outlet “just in case”. Anyway, I would recommend getting one of these to anyone, even if it is just for your emergency bag…which if you live in California you already have….right?

No comments: